eConsultancy shares 15 interesting facets about social media use:
- India’s internet use is being driven by mobile. India has 700m mobile subscribers, with an estimated 200,000 being added every day.
- Qzone is the most popular social network in China with a massive 530m users. China’s RenRen has 130m users, 74% of whom are under 30.
- Pinterest has a massive 4377% growth rate in the US, the highest growth anywhere in the world.
- Google+ is particularly popular in South America. Brazil has the third highest number of Google+ users in the world.
- Japan is the only country where Twitter is more popular than Facebook.
- Vkontakte is Russia’s largest social network, with 110m users (mainly teens). It has 33m unique visitors per day. Facebook, while still growing, has a lot of ground to make up.
Read more of these facts and figures at Econsultancy.