McDonald’s Canada, Our Food, Your Questions program invites any Canadian to ask any question whatsoever about their food on a special website. To ask a question, participants must connect with either Twitter or Facebook.
5 Lessons for Your Company From McDonald’s Canada
1. Embrace Self-Serve Information- McDonald’s Canada understands that there is a huge amount of chatter about their food. They can’t respond to it all individually, so instead they’ve built a one-stop information shop.
2. Make Information a Spectator Sport: They benefit from answering questions publicly.
3. Identify Customer Knowledge Gaps: Before the program commenced, McDonald’s Canada conducted a thorough chatter analysis to determine what types of questions were already being asked online about their food.
4. Market Your Marketing: McDonald’s is also putting forth substantial dollars to promote this program offline.
5. A Skill, not a Job: Being great at transparency and information must be part of many people’s responsibility.
Read more details on these 5 lessons at convinceandconvert.