Here are the 8 steps to successfully managing a social media crisis.
1. Acknowledge: Your first response should always be “yes, we realize something has happened”.
2. Fight Social Media Fire With Social Media Water: respond first in the venue where the crisis first broke.
3. Be Sorry
4. Create a Crisis FAQ: Create a Web page or microsite and put all the information about the crisis in one place.
5. Build a Pressure Relief Valve: You want people to vent on a venue you control.
6. Know When to Take it Offline
7. Arm Your Army: Keep ALL employees informed about the crisis.
8. Learn Your Lessons
Read more details on each of these steps at convinceandconvert.