Running contests on Pinterest is a great way to expose your brand to a large audience, attract new followers and engage with your existing follower base.
Why Pinterest Contests?
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times more efficiently than Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are repins, demonstrating the tremendous “virality” at work in the Pinterest community.
- Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic as of January 2012.
- Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who arrive from other social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Read more details on Pinterest contests, and case studies at socialmediaexplorer.