BusinessInsider shared 10 content marketing mistakes and how to avoid them:
1. Not knowing your audience: The secret to creating great content is knowing your target audience. For B2B content marketers, that audience typically consists of the buyers and users of your company’s products and services. Your number one priority as a content marketer is to understand who those buyers and users are.
2. Making it hard for people to find your content. Spend all of the time in the world making great content, but if no one can find it, you’re wasting your time.
3. Not creating enough content. It’s really hard to reap the benefits of content marketing if you’re not producing a lot of content.
4. Failing to listen. Take the time to listen to your customers, paying attention to what people are talking about in your industry, and following what your competitors and industry influencers are doing.
5. Not leveraging others. You have to tap into your co-workers and industry influencers for their subject matter expertise.