Facebook Timeline administrators can now send and receive private message from fans.
Through Sprinklr, you will have a special tab for private messages and the enterprise-wide controls you have for other channels will be a part of the feature. There are certain restrictions imposed by Facebook to prevent spamming.
1. The page can only reply to a user who has Private Messaged the page. It cannot initiate a private conversation with a user.
2. The page can reply a maximum of 2 times to a user, or until the user replies again.
How Sprinklr Will Support:
1. In Channels view, you will have a new tab for private messages (similar to how we handle Twitter direct messages).
2. In your monitoring dashboard, you will have the capability to monitor for Facebook private messages.
3. When you receive a private message and are permitted (by Facebook) to reply, that particular post menu will have a reply link, which will open the quick post. The familiar Quick Post flow for scheduling, approvals, etc. will be present.
4. Queues, Rules, Assignments and Approvals pages will have support for Facebook Private Messages
Availability of Feature: April 29, 2012