Spotify has experienced meteoric growth since integrating with the new Facebook Open Graph in September. It is quickly becoming the leader in streaming music, an already crowded category.
1. Unparalleled Facebook Integration: users transition between Facebook and Spotify smoothly. As soon as a user links Spotify to his Facebook account, his friendsâ€™ listening activitiesÂ are featured prominently right on the app.
2. Sharing vs. Privacy:Â Users can choose what information they want to share with their friends and, if desired, not share their listening activities at all.
3. Apps Within an App: Social is the key to web personalization. Specifically, Spotify opened its platform to allow third-party applications to cater to usersâ€™ musical tastes even more.
4. Walking the Tightrope: Ultimately, what makes Spotify so impressive is its balance between the on-Facebook and off-Facebook experiences, not to mention, its balance between sharing and privacy.
5. From Social to Hyper-Social: The next generation of social technology, including the Facebook Open Graph 2.0, is changing the rules for engagement all over again. Itâ€™s time for businesses to decide: Either get hyper-social like Spotify, or get left behind.
Read more details on each of these ways Spotify is pioneering the hyper-social business model at Mashable.